Saturday, December 11, 2010

D-town

I have returned to Duluth. My last few days in Wyoming were spent organizing the crazy amount of gear I was keeping in my car. Every time I go away I seem to accumulate more. It just happens I guess. I spent a day in Riverton with my dirtbag friends in their little hobbit hole they call a house. We drank some beer and played hacky sack. It was a nice way to ease back into society. We had a copious amount of snow in the mountains and I'm not really sure why I left to come back, but its nice to be back for awhile, just relaxing.

NOLS was an incredible time. I learned a lot about myself, various technical skills, and lots of leadership skills. My instructors were encouraging to me, as my previous experiences in the outdoors gave me a big advantage over the entire course. I think I'll be taking my NOLS instructor course within a couple of years so I can start working/teaching in the field a lot more.

I'm happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment