Saturday, February 6, 2010

Glory Days

It came full circle the other day.
Months ago I had been playing hackey-sack with my buddies and working up a sweat. I put aside my Patagonia R1 (a very useful performance base-layer) that a very good friend gave me years ago as a birthday present. I went away for five minutes to the climbing gym and came back to the spot where we were playing and it was gone. I was irate. I was sad. I got a Mountain Hardwear to replace it, but it just wasn't the same.
Karma.
I had been checking the lost and found for my RI for months, asking around about it and nothing. I had lost hope, I thought I would never see it again.
A couple of days ago I saw a person wearing an R1. (Funny though, because this person had their radio stolen out of their truck not long ago and was incredibly peeved.) I was hesitant at first, but then confronted them.
"Thats a nice Patagonia you have."
"Yea, I've had it for a while."
"I found it."
"On a picnic table outside of Mote?"
"Yea?"
"Thats mine, it belongs to me. Can I have it back?"
I have my RI again, and it feels good. I believe it has been the root of all my problems. Fuck Yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment