Thursday, March 17, 2011

Fishing

I dont know why I didnt bring my fishing stuff out here for the spring. In fact I could be fishing right now catching big browns and bows in Wind River Canyon. Well I do know why, I want to concentrate on school. For good reason. I'm almost done and seem to be doing all right in all my classes.

I took a biology exam on cells recently and knew all the material, surprisingly. We also just concluded a wood firing at the college that took 33 hours. I took the early shift from 2am to 8am. I put a lot of nice pots in and with the cottonwood we used there should be a lot of dark blues and blacks. The wood fire process is time consuming, but worth it. I guess I consider myself a potter now as all my free time during the week is spent in the studio throwing, mixing glazes and clay, and loading and unloading kilns. I really enjoy it.

The ski season is coming to a close for me. I dont live close enough to the mountain to get out on these warm spring days. This is sad but I have had alot of days on the mountain for a kid that is going to school full time. I think I have gone skiing almost every weekend since I got off my NOLS course. I have no regrets.

No comments:

Post a Comment