Friday, November 13, 2009

Natures Weave

It has been around for centuries. It's wool. A product spun from the very creatures of this earth. It is convenient and practical. It shields the elements and warms the skin.
I have many wool articles. One is a Johnson jacket I inherited from my father. It is a lovely forest green, possibly my favorite traditional garment from my collection. I also own numerous wool hats and jackets that I use predominately for deer hunting. In the Minnesota winters you can count on wool to keep you warm and dry in the woods. Nothing keeps the snow out like wool. It can become wet with little consequences, and one can wear it for months on end without it smelling, well at least not as bad as polypro. My most recent purchase was a "Scotch Cap" from Bemidji Woolen Mills in Minnesota. It is a classic. Look it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment