Sunday, March 21, 2010

Spring Break

This past week I was in Wilson, Wyoming for my spring break. I was skiing with Reeve, we had a great time. The best part of the trip was in part of where we stayed. It was in the "guest cabin" courtesy of the Roscoe family. I can't begin to thank them enough for their generosity. We decided to rip up Targhee, and as it turns out it was the only powder day they've had for weeks. Bliss. A good 7 inches of powder on the groomers. We had fun on some slush bumps on the King for a couple days and the Village for a day. The tram took us up, Rendezvous bowl took us down. Jump turns on bumps the whole trip, and I feel my knees are ten years older than I am. I will need a replacement some day. I have come to terms with this. We also poached the backcountry. Lots of powder. (I dug a pit on a windblown slope and got a ct 5, q1 shear. It was sketch to say the least, so we moved to another spot and had fun there).

This was another great Reeve and Cam adventure. Also my van did not perish. I am very happy about this. However, I thought my brakes were going to blow out on Teton Pass, luckily they didn't. My real test is next week when I drive the (flylow) Van Helsing home. It's gonna be a fun trip.

3 comments: