Tuesday, March 2, 2010

"We're Telemark Skiers Anyways"

My Tele partner Reeve. Gear spread out everywhere after a day of skiing A-Basin. A tired Tele Bum.

Our entire Colorado trip is really indescribable, but there are bits and pieces I will tell.
Story 1. "The Pick Up" Our plan was to stay with Dusty Olson, a fellow Duluthian who was living in Winter Park. He's an all around incredible athlete who gave us the go-ahead to stay at his place. Reeve and I both flew into Denver, myself from Wyoming and Reeve from Minnesota. We waited a long time for Dusty to pick us up (he was coming down from Vail after a ski demo). Of course he rolled up in a classic ski bum van. I didn't expect anything less. It had black tinted windows with a rocket box on top. Skis were packed in everywhere. His Golden Retriever was there too, she liked the front seat the best. The old school rap bumped as we headed towards Winter Park. It had only begun.

No comments:

Post a Comment